I remember making salt dough ornaments for Christmas when I was a kid and having so much fun. I love that our cookie stamps (US/CAN) work so well for making ornaments and add a fun little twist.
The recipe I used for the salt dough was so easy. All you do is:
- Combine 4 cups of flour and 1 cup of salt, and then slowly add 1-1/2 cups of water while stirring.
- Knead the dough for about five minutes.
- Roll the dough on a floured surface, to about 1/4 inch thickness.
- Stamp the cookie stamp onto an ink pad and then press it into the dough.
- Use a small circle cookie cutter to cut out the stamped image.
- Bake on an ungreased cookie sheet for about 45 minutes at 180 degrees F.
This is a great Christmas activity to do with kids. My three-year-old had so much fun helping me.
This looks like a lot of fun!